The Kazakh economy is the strongest one in Central Asia. Rising raw material prices lead to a cyclical upturn and the government aims for an improved economic climate.
Due to the backlog demand of an increasing population and the rising life expectancy, the medical market in Kazakhstan offers a big potential on a longer term. Medical technology is mainly depending on imports. The government owns 80 % of medical institutions in Kazakhstan, thus the government plays a significant role in medical issues.
The new health insurance will be introduced in 2020 offering new financial sources for the healthcare sector.
Currently, the Kazakh healthcare sector needs investments of more than 3 billion USD. A number of new hospitals in Almaty, Astana, Karagandy are planned to be constructed.
Source: gtai, 06/2018
- Medical equipment and tools
- Pharmaceutical and OTC preparations
- Rehabilitation tools and inventions
- Laboratory equipment and devices
- Diagnostic equipment
- Surgery instruments
- Rescue and emergency equipment
- Dental Materials and Services
- Ophthalmology and Optics
- Medical Services
- Diet Products / Nutrition
- Publications And Printing Materials
- Aesthetic Medicine & Beauty Industry
- Medical tourism